These baked eggs with smoked salmon, topped with cheese will only take you 30 minutes to make. It’s so easy that you won’t believe you spent such a short time to bake such a good dish!
In French, we call this way of cooking eggs “oeufs cocotte”. An approximate English translation is “eggs casserole”.
“Cocotte” also means hen. It seems hen and salmon get along well.
Baked Eggs with Smoked Salmon Recipe for 2
- 2 slices of smoked salmon (about 100g)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Lay the smoked salmon inside 2 ramekins or custard cups.
- Tip in a tablespoon of heavy cream.
- Break 2 eggs in each cup. Sprinkle pepper. Don't add salt, the smoked salmon is salty enough.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.